Connect with us


What No One Tells You About The Winchester Mystery House



Winchester Mystery House built for 38 years according to ghosts instructions to appease their souls by creating an outstanding mansion for them.

Featured in many Paranormal TV Shows, attraction investigators from around the world, including the famous Harry Houdini the mansion is a mix of elegant and bizarre elements captivating the imagination.

So Who was Sarah Winchester?

Sarah Lockwood Pardee was born in 1840, from Leonard Pardee and Sarah Burns, a carriage manufacturer in New Haven, Connecticut.

She studied at the best private schools of the time, speaking four languages, and praised for her quality at the piano.

In 1862, Sarah’s life changed, when she married William Wirt Winchester.

William was the son of Oliver Fisher Winchester, the Lieutenant Governor of Connecticut and manufacturer of the famous Winchester repeating rifle.

Oliver Winchester’s first investment was a men’s shirt company with his twin brother Samuel.

In the 1860s Oliver move his investments to the business that made his mane legendary, buying the Volcanic Repeating Arms Company, by $57,000 when the company went bankrupt.

The company produced guns designed by Horace Smith & Daniel Wesson, that later created another firearm company, the Smith & Wesson when the firm went bankrupt Oliver bought the company out and cleared the debt of $57,000.

Life was good for William and Sarah, but in 1866, their infant daughter, Annie, died from marasmus disease.

On March 1881, William Winchester passed away from tuberculosis.

Sarah Winchester received several million dollars in cash and 777 shares of stock in the Winchester Repeating Arms Company, a fortune today, but even higher over a hundred years ago.

Mrs. Winchester contact with the other side

Urging for peace of mind and grieve, Mrs. Winchester seeks help from psychics.

As a result, the mediums informed her that her family recent tragedies were caused by the spirits of American Indians, Civil War soldiers, and others killed by Winchester rifles.

The only way to escape the fury of the ghosts was that Sarah Winchester should move to West and build a mansion in honor of those poor souls.

But to assure her life was not in danger, Mrs. Wincherster could never finish the construction of the house.

Mrs. Winchester left Connecticut to visit a niece, California and there she found the spot that would perfect for building the Winchester Mansion.

By 1884, Sarah Winchester bought the unfinished farmhouse, about three miles west of San Jose, California.

For the next 38 years, she was ahead of the construction of a unique project, renowned for its size, its architectural curiosities, and its lack of any master building plan know as the Winchester Mystery House.

Building the Winchester Mystery House

Sarah Winchester immediately hired workers in shifts “around the clock.”

The ghosts seem pleased with her.

When Sarah’s mother-in-law died, in 1897, she received more 2,000 shares from the company, and at that time she accumulated just under fifty percent of the capital stock.

With that Sarah Winchester had an income approximately of $1,000 a day. At that time an entire house could be built for under $1,000.

By the beginning of the new century, the initial “house” of eight rooms grown to a fantastic seven-story mansion.

The Winchester’s estate grew to 161 acres of farmland, including orchards of apricots, plum, and walnut trees that also generated income to Sarah’s “project.”

Sarah Winchester also owned homes in Atherton, Los Altos, and Palo Alto, California.

The strange lady from the Winchester Mystery House

Her employees and neighbors loved Mrs. Winchester. She welcomed neighborhood children to play in her garden, inviting them in to eat ice cream or play her piano.

But, Mrs. Winchester conducted the house’s project in a way that it generated rumors and gossip in the local community, which called her a Lady of Mystery.

The tall cypress hedge surrounding the house, planted by the gardeners, only added to the rumors.

Also, stories that the Lady of Mystery covered her face with a dark veil and if a servant happened to get a glimpse of her face by accident, consequently, he or she would be fired.

The Winchester Mystery House

Mrs. Winchester requested the Winchester Mystery House to be of redwood, but she didn’t appreciate the look, so she ordered it to be stain and applied a faux grain finish.

The mansion accommodates some fantastic features and some strange curiosities.

  • A ladder that ends up in the ceiling;
  • A zig-zag staircase with seven deviations and forty-four steps, where one arrives at the top climbing three meters.
  • A door that leads to two floors free fall;
  • Numerous hidden passages;
  • It has only one function working toilet, but all other twelve restrooms are decoys to confuse the ghosts;
  • The Winchester Mystery House is built using a floating foundation. Because of that, this ingenuity saved the mansion from total collapse in the 1906 earthquake and the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake. This type of construction allows the home to shift freely; it’s not attached to its brick foundation;
  • By the 1906 earthquake, the house reached seven stories high; today remains with “only” four stories high;
  • Initially planned to have eight bedrooms, they built another 32 bedrooms;
  • One ballroom completed and another unfinished;
  • Most of the 47 fireplaces included hinged iron drops for removing the ashes and 17 chimneys, but with evidence of two others;
  • Include two basements;
  • It is known to be the first to use wool for insulation;
  • Carbide gas lights in the house were fed by the estate’s own gas manufacturing plant;
  • Ahead of her time, Mrs. Winchester ordered window drip pans and zinc subfloor to be installed. When the plants were watered, the excess of water would be redirected by a series of drain pipes to the garden below.

The end of the Winchester Mystery House construction

With the past of the years, Mrs. Winchester suffered greatly from arthritis.

On September 5, 1922, Sarah Winchester passed away in her sleep from heart failure.

She was laid to rest beside her beloved husband, at the Evergreen Cemetery in New Haven, Connecticut.

With the news of her death, the construction at the Winchester Mystery House stopped, carpenters even left nails half driven into place.

Mrs. Winchester’s personal property, including the furnishings, household goods, pictures, jewelry, and papers were left to her niece, Mrs. Marian Merriman Marriott, according to the will.

Therefore, Mrs. Marriott quickly auctioned off the furnishings and household goods. It took six trucks working non-stop for six weeks to move all the furnishings away.

The hurry is explained, the mansion and farm were not explicitly mentioned in the will, so it became part of Mrs. Winchester’s estate and were sold by her trustees, the Union Trust Company of San Francisco.

Paranormal Events at the Winchester Mystery House

But besides the gossip, other strange events attracted the attention and the curiosity from the neighbors and visitors of the mansion.

A bell ringing at midnight and 2 a.m could be heard by the neighbors, for some, it would indicate the arrival and departure of the ghost that haunted Sarah Winchester.

Consequently, Sarah Winchester never slept in the same bedroom two nights in a row, with the intention to confuse any malevolent spirits that wanted to harm her.

Beside the mirror over the fireplace in the alcove, only the other two mirrors allowed in the entire house.

According to legend, seems like, the sight of the reflection of the ghost could cause them to vanish.

The Most Haunted Room from the Winchester Mystery House

Inside so many rooms that exist in the mansion, at the very center of the house one is unique: The Blue Room.

Since Mrs. Winchester never had a master set of blueprints, seems like it was there where she conducted her private séance to help with her building plans and for protection from vengeful spirits.

Some believe that the blue room is a portal for visitors of another dimension.

Rumors tell she would wear one of 13 distinctive colored robes while there and only people invited by her could be in the room.

Paranormal Activity at the Winchester Mystery House

Like any old house, the Winchester Mystery House has its cracking noises a collection of events despite explanation and curiosity.

Some witness temporarily loses the eyesight, sudden change of temperature and seen and/or hear locked doorknobs turn.

John and Jack Sttubert that worked at the house witness something out of the ordinary.

“I turned, looked down the hall, and saw a man standing there. Then he disappeared and I went down to see if there was anyone in the house, but there was no one there. I’ve never believed in spirits, ghosts or anything like that, but now I believe you do something in this house.” – Jack Sttubert.

During the years from 1973 to 1981, Brent Miller and his wife were caretakers of the mansion.

Mr. Miller reported hearing someone breathe in an empty room. Also one night he could hear footsteps in the bedroom where Mrs. Winchester died.

During one night, he woke up to the sound of a screw being detached, then hitting the floor and bouncing onto a carpet runner. He searched for any evidence but found nothing.

Paranormal Investigators at the Winchester Mystery House

The first renowned paranormal investigator to communicate with the other side at the Winchester Mansion was Harry Houdini, in 1924.

He went for a private midnight tour and séance, but it is unknown if he succeeds in collecting any evidence.

The Portland Oregon Daily Journal, in November 1924, documented Mr. Houdini visited the Winchester Mystery House.

On recently years the Winchester Mystery House featured in a large number of Paranormal TV shows, such as Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunter and Most Haunted.

The Winchester Mystery House coming to the big screen

CBS Films announced has acquired the U.S. distribution rights to Helen Mirren’s fictional horror drama “Winchester” from Bullitt Entertainment and Diamond Pictures.

Helen Mirren will play firearm heiress Sarah Winchester. Written by Tom Vaughan, Michael Spierig, and Peter Spierig and directed by brothers Michael Spierig and Peter Spierig (“Predestination”).

Also playing in this fictional movie are Sarah Snook, Jason Clarke, Angus Sampson, and Eamon Farren.

The scenes from the film took place out of the actual mansion. Most of its interior needed to be recreated, in Melbourne, Australia, from March 2017 to May 2017.

Another curiosity, Sarah Winchester was 4′ 10″ (1.47m) tall lady in the meanwhile Helen Mirren is 5′ 4″ (1.52m).

See for yourself the Winchester Mystery House

Currently, the Winchester Mystery House is open for public visitation.

However, since CBS Films bought the film and photography rights to the Winchester Mansion for this film, tourists aren’t allowed to take any pictures of the interior of the mansion.

That probably will extend to Paranormal Investigations.

The mansion is open every day of the year, except at Christmas, from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.

For more information visit the official website.

While that, the reasons to Mrs. Winchester to build the Winchester Mystery House may never be confirmed, unless you decide to investigate it.



The Philip Experiment – The Strange Story Behind the Movie The Quiet Ones




The Philip Experiment - The Strange Story Behind the movie The Quiet OnesAfter watching the movie “The Quiet Ones“, on Netflix with my wife, the question came to mind, “is the movie really based on a real experiment, The Philip Experiment?”

A quick research left us with more question than answers.

The Quiet Ones” is supposedly a film based on the events of the Toronto Society for Psychical Research in the 1970s, where parapsychologists tried to create a ghost to prove they are products of the human mind.

But that’s not what the movie presented.

What is the Movie “The Quiet Ones” About?

According to of the official website, the movie is inspired by true events.

The film stars Jared Harris (Mad Men and Sherlock Homes: A Game of Shadows), Sam Claflin (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire), Olivia Cooke (Bates Motel).

John Pogue directed and wrote the screenplay with Craig Rosenberg and Oren Moverman and was based on a screenplay by Tom de Ville.

The Philip Experiment - The Strange Story Behind the movie The Quiet OnesAn Oxford Professor Joseph Coupland along with a team of university students conducted an “experiment” on Jane Harper, a young girl who harbors unspeakable secrets.

He invites introspective lad Brian McNeil to film his experimental treatment.

Jane has no memory of her past and she is repeatedly abandoned by foster families, she believes herself possessed by a doll named Evey that gives her telekinetic power.

Keeping her awake in an isolated house, Prof. Coupland intends that she puts her evil energy into an actual doll, thereafter destroying it to heal Jane.

What dark forces they uncover are even terrifying than any of them expected.

Good but was this the story from so called The Philip Experiment?

Watch The Quiet Ones Official Trailer

What is The Philip Experiment?

The Philip Experiment - The Strange Story Behind the movie The Quiet OnesDr. Alan George Robert Owen, a self-proclaimed ghost expert, created the Toronto Society for Psychical Research (TSPR) group.

The group consisted of his wife, an industrial designer, an accountant, a housewife, a student of sociology.

A psychologist named Dr. Joel Whitton also participated as an observer.

The Canadian parapsychologist group aimed for an experiment that would create a ghost. They wanted to prove their theory that ghosts are products from the human mind.

Phase 1: Create Philip

The experiments (which became known as The Philip Experiment) began in 1972.

The first objective was to create a fictional historical character.

They created “facts” to relate to the life of this character.

They wrote a biography and called him Philip Aylesford.

In his biography, they claimed that he was a seventeenth-century English nobleman, who was married to a beautiful but cold and hostile woman by the named Dorothea.

Philip then met beautiful gypsy by the named Margo, who made him fall instantly in love. Soon Philip and Margo became secret lovers.

Dorothea found out about Margo and accused her of witchcraft. As a result, Margo was burned alive.

Philip plagued with remorse, in the only way he could handle it was to fight in the battle of Diddington, where he died on the battlefield.

Phase 2: Communicate with Philip

The Philip Experiment - The Strange Story Behind the movie The Quiet OnesWith the help from a biography sketch artist that executed freehand drawing of their newly created man, the group move on to the next phase, communication.

The objective that, with Philip’s portrait, the group would easily believe that Philip Aylesford really existed.

The sessions began in September 1972. The group discussed Philip’s life, trying to visualize it with most details as possible.

For a year the sessions presented no result, apart from the occasional presence in the room feeling.

Until the Toronto Society for Psychical Research decided to take a different approach.

They changed the atmosphere to something more close to a tradition séance, dimming the lights while sitting around the table.

They included elements from Philip’s era.

For the surprise part of the group this technique produced the expected result, Philip manifested himself to the group.

The group got their first message from Philip in the form of a very clear beat on the table.

They asked questions in which he could respond with a tap to “Yes” and two to “No.”

Is This Really Philip?

But how could they be sure it was Philip’s ghost answering the questions.

They decided to directly ask for questions from Philip’s biography.

As a result, Philip was able to give accurate information from his history.

The Philip Experiment - The Strange Story Behind the movie The Quiet Ones

The séances continued with a larger range of unexplained phenomena.

Philip began to assume a personality of his own, with strong points of view on various subjects.

Beside the blows on the table, he began to moving the table, sliding from side to side, even over a thick rug.

During Philip’s manifestation, the group took notice of some singular characteristics.

The table would be “electric” to the touch, and the temperature would drop over the table.

It was as if Philip, in a way, became the table itself.

In front of a live audience, about 50 people, Philip made the lights flicker and even made the table levitate just an inch off the floor. All filmed as part of a documentary.

The Philip Experiment ran according to the initial expectations from the Group.

Although, against the main goal, the ghost of Philip never materializes in front of the group.

The Philip Experiment Conclusion

The Philip Experiment - The Strange Story Behind the movie The Quiet OnesEven after the long time and strange events documented by the Toronto Society for Psychical Research (TSPR) group the results are inconclusive.

Seems like some concluded that this proved that ghosts do not exist, that they are simply creations of the minds. Others theorized that it may not have been Philip but another Ghost playing with researchers.

Outsiders just believe that all was a hoax.

It was not possible to confirm the events were produced by the ghost of a fictional character by the name Philip.

Is The Movie “The Quiet Ones” Based on The Philip Experiment?

Is there any truth between the film and The Philip Experiment to inspired it?

The connections are too slim.

Aside from the idea of an experiment with paranormal activities the movie produced by Lionsgate and Exclusive Media is a fiction movie inspired but not based on true events.

Besides the fact that the Script was heavily rewritten for budget reasons.

Learn more about other supposedly Based in True Story movies.


Continue Reading


You Won’t Believe the Stories Behind this Haunted German U-Boat




Built in 1916, a German U-Boat, a submarine U-65, became notorious for being haunted by an unexplained number of events, from accidents to deaths. Even an exorcism took place inside the ship.

From 1871 until 1919, the German Empire built a strong military naval fleet.

It became known as ‘Kaiserliche Marine’, or the Imperial Navy, created with the intentions of German’s Kaiser Wilhelm II, to surpass the British fleet power.

By 1916, in Hamburg’s shipyards the U-Boats, U-60’s and U-65, were assembled, twenty-four submarines especially designed to operate out of the ports of Belgium.

U-boat is the English version of the German word U-Boot. The “U” refers to the German word “Unterseeboot” translating to “Underwater boat.”

Strange and Unexplainable Deaths in the U-Boat

the Stories Behind this Haunted German U-Boat

By 1917, most of the fleet were complete. But since its construction, one of them, a U-65 became a legend on his own, but not of the good kind.

Construction workers from the U-65 were struck by a heavy girder that slipped from the crane killing one instantly in 1916.

Another worker was also injured in the accident and died days later at the hospital.

Months later, on January 26, 1917, the U-Boat was moved to the open sea for final tests.

During the tests, three crewmen became stranded in the engine room when the door supposedly got stuck or locked.

All three died of asphyxiation, but when rescue arrived at the scene the door opened without any problem.

The Haunting of the U-Boat

You Won’t Believe the Stories Behind this Haunted German U-Boat

During joint maneuvers with two other U-Boats, days later, the captain ordered an Auxiliary to inspect the hatchways and the deck before submerge.

An operation witnessed terrified the Auxiliary Officer, he calmly and quietly walked across the deck and was swept overboard close by the U-boat’s propellers.

The ocean was reported to be calm and glassy.

Informed by the event, the captain ordered to stop the submerging process and stop the engines but the submarine continues to sink.

It dropped to the bottom of the sea with a crack in the forward ballast tank.

The U-Boat remained for 12 hours stranded at the bottom. The terrified crew spread the belief of a curse for the recent tragedy history.

You Won’t Believe the Stories Behind this Haunted German U-Boat

Close to lack oxygen, the U-Boat surfaced by itself. The entire U-65’s crew became violently ill, including two sailors who died in a hospital from poisoning.

The German submarine returned to the shipyard for repairs from the collision with the bottom and to detect any problem with the engines.

Nothing abnormal was found and was cleared to be back to service.

But while re-arming the U-Boat, a warhead exploded taking the life of a Second Officer and eight sailors.

Nine other crew members were seriously wounded.

Ghost on Board

You Won’t Believe the Stories Behind this Haunted German U-Boat

To calm the crew, in February 1917, Oberleutnant Karl Honig was appointed to command the U-65.

He was a regular officer with experience and had a high reputation serving on submarines.

A terrified crew boarded on the U-Boat to soon some of them claimed to have witnessed the dead officer with arms crossed standing on deck.

The fear took over upon arriving in Dover, England, during combat. The crew preferred to land under heavy bomb fire rather than to continue safely on board.

It was just after some steps on land the captain was hit by machine-gun bullets and died.

The rest of the U-65’s crew refused to re-embark against a War Council order, claiming that they will be doom for getting inside a haunted submarine.

To appease the crew the War Council sent in an exorcist.

But the curse or bad luck continued on board.

On that same night, the artillery operator fainted, when he woke up, he told he witnessed seeing the dead officer again with his arms crossed on the deck.

By the morning the sailor committed suicide and was found by the crew.

In the engine room, another sailor was involved in an accident that resulted in a broken leg.

The Weird and Mysterious End of the U-65

With only four months to end the WWI, on July 18, 1918, the Haunted U-Boat legend was already known throughout the German fleet.

About this time, an American submarine, USS L-2, patrolling off the coast of Ireland, at periscope depth, locked its target on the German U-Boat.

According to the American Captain’s transcriptions, he spotted a man with arms crossed on the deck of the German U-65.

But before he could confirm the order to release the torpedos the German U-Boat exploded in the mid air.

The American USS L-2 that "sank" the Haunted German U Boat 0

He tried to find the person responsible for firing without his orders, only to discover that all torpedoes were still on board.

The German Imperial Navy would have reported thirty-four lives were lost in that explosion.

after the end of the WWI, several sailors from the U-65 confirmed that they deserted and more stories from the inside of the submarine became public.

Many crew members and officials witnessed strange lights inside the boat. Another witness told a disembodied hand touched his face.

When the stories reached the other side of the Atlantic, an American journalist, Edgar Cayce made an investigation. He added more incredible unconfirmed paranormal stories.

What Officially Happened to the German U-65?

You Won’t Believe the Stories Behind this Haunted German U-Boat

Not many records can be found from that era, especially after the WWII.

The “Kaiserliche Marine” issues and alternate report about the submarine, denying some of the events surrounding their U-Boat.

Most of the report’s actions had never existed. Though they admitted that “at some point, the submarine had carried out unexplained maneuvers that were beyond the control and knowledge of its experienced crew.”

The U-65 was built in Kiel rather than Wilhelmshaven in 1915, instead of 1916.

The German U-Boat sank 52 enemy ships on 11 patrols, while stationed in Pula during the WWI.

By the end of the war, on Oct. 28, 1918, U-65 was scuttled at Pula during the evacuation.

What really happened to that German U-Boat is still a mystery. With the years and lack of official documents, the legend continues to grow.

Would you like to know more Haunted Ships and Boat stories? Or send us a message on Twitter or Facebook.


Continue Reading


What You Didn’t Know About The Ghosts From the Silent Movie Theatre




The Silent Movie Theatre dedicated only to present “silent” films is also haunted by the ghosts from two former owners.

The Beginning of the Silent Movie Theatre

John Hampton and his wife Dorothy started the Silent Movie Theatre in 1942, on Fairfax Avenue in Los Angeles, California. Fifteen years after silent films became obsolete.

The theater, built in vintage 1940s Art Deco design with 158-seats, had the purpose designed by Mr. Hamptonad, to the preservation, and continuity of screening and enjoying silent movies.

Movies with stars like Charlie Chaplin, Mary Pickford, Buster Keaton, Laurel and Hardy, Harold Lloyd, Felix The Cat, Rudolph Valentino and the Keystone Cops could be appreciated by young generations.

The legend tells that Clara Bow and Charlie Chaplin would come disguised with dark glasses and big hats, sat in the back of the theater, to watch their respective own movies.

The End of the Gold Age

John Hampton projected the films and created his own soundtracks by simultaneously playing records from his large collection of 78 records.

The Ghosts From the Silent Movie Theatre - John-Hampton

Mr. Hampton dedicated himself to preserve his huge library of 16mm prints, even if that meant he often placed his new finds into a tub full of chemicals above the theater.This is where he tinted and toned the pieces himself.

But his dedication had a price…

The exposure during the years to this high-level toxins was lethal to Mr. Hampton.

He was diagnosed with cancer in the 1970s and John Hampton passed away in 1990.

The couple closed the theater while battling the disease. He sold his silent film collection to the UCLA Film and Television Archive, in 1988.

Tragedy Strikes again at the Silent Movie Theatre

In 1991 a family friend, Laurence Austin, reopened the Silent Movie Theatre, renovated the building and added live music.

Laurence Austin ran the theater with the help of his lover, for seven years and also the projectionist, James Van Sickle also the projectionist.

The Ghosts From the Silent Movie Theatre - Laurence-Austin

But on January 17, 1997, while the Silent Movie Theatre was showing the 1927 film, “Sunrise” and proceeded by two short films

there were about 60-70 people in the theater at the time.

Among them, 19-year old wearing a golf hat, Christian Rodriguez entered the theater and was greeted by Laurence Austin as all customers.

Then he waited patiently in the back for the films to begin.

As soon as the second short movie started, “School Days”, Rodriguez asked Mary Giles, at the lobby, if was possible to buy advanced tickets.

She pointed him to see Austin at the ticket booth.

The Ghosts From the Silent Movie Theatre

Rodriguez armed with a .357 Magnum Revolver demanded money, Austin turned the money over, but Rodriguez ignored the money and shot him in the face.

He turned to Mary and shot her twice in the chest.

People in the theater fled the building thru the backdoor while the murderer turned back to Austin’s body, shooting him two more times.

Laurence Austin died from the first shot, with 74 years old. Giles survived and described the shooter to investigators.

Conspiracy at the Silent Movie Theatre

LAPD arrested Rodriguez in the next month. He told police that he was hired for $25,000.00 to kill Austin. An additional $5000.00 to kill Giles and make it look like a robbery by James Van Sickle, 34.

The Ghosts From the Silent Movie Theatre

Van Sickle was reported to be heavily in debt, he was listed as the sole beneficiary of Austin’s estate, valued at more than $1 million

Christian Rodriguez and James Van Sickle was found guilty of murder and sentenced to life without parole.

Two years later Rodriguez was also convicted of the attempted murder of Mary Giles.

Silent Movie Theatre Rebirth, Thanks to a Ghost

Charlie Lustman was riding by the Silent Movie Theatre when he believed he heard the original owner, John Hampton, speaking to him.

On Halloween of 1999, he re-opened the place, new wooden floors, a new screen and projection booth and a neon marquee.

The films were still accompanied by piano or organ music. But the changes couldn’t go too far.

Lustman attested that in case he try to make things different from the original purpose of the theater the paranormal activity would increase.

He received a black eye from a display case while preparing for a 3-D movie presentation in 2000. Minutes before the presentation the projector broke before the first 3-D session started.

It was clear, for him, the ghost that haunted the Silent Movie Theatre were not happy with his decision.

In 2006, Lustman sold the theater to the Harkham brothers.

The theater was again renovated and re-opened as a rival house called the Cinefamily, with an eclectic mix of Classic Sound and Silent Movies.

The Ghost from Silent Movie Theatre

Lustman and a former publicist for the theater heard the repeated jingle of keys while alone in the building.

The Ghosts From the Silent Movie Theatre

The jingling of keys was a nervous habit from the prior owner Laurence Austin.

By the lobby, witness testifies to be shocked near the place Laurence Austin was shot.

At the same area, a red blood stain appears and disappears where Laurence Austin’s body felt to the floor.

A crimson-red blood stain has been known to appear and disappear in the approximate spot where a former owner, Laurence Austin, was gunned down by a hired hit man.

Austin’s ghost has also been seen, after hours, lingering by employees in the lobby over the years.

The projection booth is believed also to be haunted, not sure if by a former projectionist or one of the owners.

The first owner and creator of the concept of the Silent Film Theatre, John Hampton, regularly haunts the upstairs lounge. Which used to be his and his wife, Dorothy’s, apartment for over 45 years.

The Ghosts From the Silent Movie Theatre

The Ghosts From the Silent Movie Theatre

The Silent Movie Theatre is located on the west side of Fairfax Avenue just north of the Farmers Market.


Continue Reading